Someday I’ll have a good name for this thing where I just throw out random thoughts in bullet-point fashion. We’ll see.
- I’ve always approved of Aaron Sorkin’s work overall. Sports Night is one of my favorite all-time shows. He’s always been a bit of a haughty dipshit, but never enough to turn me off completely. Having said that, Newsroom is some haughty dipshit-ism to an extreme. To describe America’s past as “better” in a cut-and-dry fashion is ignorant to an extreme I can’t abide by. Such a fondness for the past is OK; but don’t forget all the other problems
- I listened to Rollins’ Band “Weight” yesterday. I sort of want to lift weights and punch things now.
- I’ve traditionally been lukewarm on Starbucks, but I’ve discovered their Blonde roast and I’m in love. Never really liked light breakfast blends before, but this one is simply amazing. I got K-Cups for it and everything. I’m such a consumerist worm sometimes.
- I’m currently working on material for some sort of stand-up comedy experiment. I need to figure out what to channel on-stage. I want to be myself; I feel that’s paramount to being interesting, original, and trusted on-stage. But what part of me do I want to channel? Self-loathing? Goofy? Political? Nerdy? I need to start, because I think the experimentation will be the most fulfilling part of this.
- I’ve discovered a term: Music Isolationist. This is something I am. I don’t listen to radio or MTV, so I’m often ignorant (blissfully, might I add) of new hit songs until someone’s staring at me blankly as if I should know what I’m listening to. I only listen to music I happen upon through Pandora, or the occasional sincere recommendation from a trusted friend. It’s like I run an exclusive club, of which only the finest musical acts are allowed entrance into my cerebellum. Okay, that’s a grandiose metaphor, but I like the idea of manipulating a velvet rope of particular importance.
- At the Drive-In is keen.
- So I just noticed on my Google Music app that there’s a thumbs-up/thumbs-down selection. Why would this exist? If I didn’t like a song why would I have added it to my library? Why would I add a song only to give it a thumbs-down? Is this for masochists?
Check back tomorrow, when there may be an update. Or not.